Registration is now open… for the GCI Risk Control Workshop in Philadelphia! Please take note there are new registration instructions for members.
The workshop is intended for you and all GCI Risk and/or Safety Managers, Human Resources, Claims Managers, Supervisors, and all that wish to attend!
Check out the agenda details below and remember that there is a two-step process for workshop registration:
Step 1 is to go online and register, see “Workshop Registration” below
Step 2 is to make your hotel and travel reservations, see “Hotel Information” below
Workshop Registration Members
Online registration for the workshop is required and is now accomplished through the GCI Member Portal.
1. Click on the link or copy and paste into your web browser – http://www.generalcontractorsltd.com/
2. In the upper right corner click on “Member Log In”
3. Enter your unique User Name and Password. If you have never logged into the Portal, or if you forgot your login/password, click on the “Register” link in the middle of the page
a. If you are having trouble signing in, or you do not know your member number, please contact Katie Ferris at email@example.com or 847-879-2802.
4. Once signed in, in the center of the page, under Upcoming Events, click on “GCI Workshop October 2014”
5. Click on “New Registration”
6. Verify all information is correct
a. include any questions you would like answered at the workshop in the provided field
7. Click the sessions tab and register for one session during each time slot. You should select a total of two sessions.
8. Click on the Outings & Meals tab and select your participation in dinner. The default options is no.
9. Lastly, go to the top left portion of the page and click the “Register me” link. This is the final and most important step for processing your registration.
10. You will receive a confirmation within the next week. If not, please contact Andrea Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Registration for Prospects, Brokers, Presenters, and Service Providers
Online registration for the workshop is required. Click on the registration web link below (or cut and paste it into your browser), and use the provided User Name and Password:
1. Once at the Captive Resources home page, click on the “Members” link.
2. Next click on “Workshops” link, followed by “Click here…” located in the bottom center of the screen.
3. Next, GCI is the username. (all upper case)
4. Next, philadelphia is the password ( all lower case).
5. Next click on “Check for Workshops”
6. Click on the “New registration” link at the top of the screen.
7. Enter your information (Registrant tab), or select the “find my info” option and enter your e-mail address; then select your participation in the Outings & Meals, please be sure to register for the dinner, the default option is no.
8. Lastly, go to the top left portion of the page and click the “Register me” link. This is the final and most important step for processing your registration.
9. You will receive a confirmation within the next week. If not, please contact Andrea Simon at email@example.com.
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel
220 S 17th St
Philadelphia, PA 19153
Reservations: (800) 333-3333
Room Rate: $179/night, request the “Captive Resources – GCI” room block rate. Rate cut-off date is 9/15/14, but availability is first come – first serve. Rate is good for 3-days pre and post meeting dates based on availability.
Philadelphia International Airport is located just nine miles southeast of the hotel. Taxi cab fare is approximately $25 to or from the hotel and airport.
Or Lady Liberty airport shuttle departs the airport every 15 minutes from 5:30 a.m. to midnight. For more information, go to: www.ladylibertyshuttle.com.
Amtrak 30th Street Station
Philadelphia’s historic main train station is located just a few blocks from the hotel at 2955 Market Street. Walking to the hotel, proceed to JFK Parkway and walk toward the city until you reach 18th Street. Turn right on 18th Street until you reach Market Street. Cross Market Street and turn left on Market Street. Follow to 17th Street and turn right. Follow 17th Street until you reach the hotel on the right. Taxi fare to or from the hotel and 30th Street Station is approximately $7.
Workshop Agenda – Monday, October 6th:
Arrival and Dinner on your own.
Workshop Agenda – Tuesday, October 7th:
Breakfast will begin at 7:30 AM and run until 8:30 AM.
Member Introductions, Risk Control Overview, and Member Update
A “can’t miss” for first time attendees or those wanting a refresher. Orientation and overview of how the captive insurance program works and why loss prevention and claims management is critical to your success. Steve Kolter, Dave Netti, and Jeff Cummins with CRI, along with Elainmarie Toy with GB will be your presenters.
The Rapidly Changing Face of Substance Abuse– A Defining Moment for Employers – Christine Clearwater
The leading cause of death in the U.S. is drugs! The landscape surrounding workplace substance abuse is rapidly and radically changing & a significant financial and safety risk to employers. The paradigm now is “How do I legally handle medical marijuana, synthetic & prescription drugs” – the primary drugs of abuse today. Get the answers to the questions: What are these new drugs & how do they impact my company? How do you comply with conflicting laws? Do I have a right to prohibit them? Can I legally test for them? What are the critical policy components needed to avoid litigation? What about Workers Comp? What testing technologies address these new drugs? This and more!
Green Beans & Ice Cream, The Definitive Recipe for Employee Engagement, Motivation and Recognition
Bill Sims, Jr., President, The Bill Sims Company, Inc.
Would you like to find out how to produce improvements in retention, safety, wellness, bright ideas, employee morale while lowering costs and administrative headaches? For example, can you identify the indicators of job satisfaction or leadership? Do you know how to recognize employees for their accomplishments? This presentation offers tips and strategies you can apply immediately.
Get ready to have some fun and network. For the evening of October 7th we will have a group dinner. Details will be communicated as they become available.
Workshop Agenda – Wednesday, October 8th
Breakfast will begin at 7:00 AM and run until 8:00 AM.
Logo Giveaway and Review of the GCI Member Portal/Website – The tradition continues! This is the fun company logo goodie giveaway, so bring some shirts, caps, pens or something company specific and unique to the meeting to exchange with others.
Dave Netti will be reviewing resources available on the GCI Member Portal. The portal is available to all GCI members
******Breakout Sessions – attendees will select two of the three available options*****
[highlight]Accident Investigation – Highlights of any Risk Control Workshop are member presentations and this will be no different. Kim Esposito with HSC Builders and Dennis Dougherty with MedTex Consulting will lead this session. Good claims management begins with proper accident/incident investigation. Whether it is a work, auto, or liability incident, there are universal practices that should be followed. This session will cover best practices in accident/incident investigation.[/highlight]
Effective Claim Reviews – Claim reviews are available to GCI members bi-annually to bring together various parties to work toward closure of open claims, and to review reserve settings. This highly interactive session will incorporate the perspectives of the various participants in the Claim Review process to provide overall insights regarding best practices for maximizing the effectiveness of members’ claims management efforts utilizing this valuable tool to exceed your expectations!
Maximize your National Safety Council Membership – In today’s work environment, the NSC understands the pressure to do more with less. The valuable benefits you and ALL your employees receive through an NSC membership enable you to build a state-of-the-art safety environment, seeking continuous improvement. Membership benefits have been designed with a member’s most pressing issues in mind. This presentation will walk you through the many benefits available, including insightful publications, e-learning opportunities, access to member-exclusive content and networking events. We encourage you to maximize your new NSC membership. Facilitated by Ingrid Schoen of the National Safety Council.